Wednesday, February 18, 2015

10,000 steps a day..

Pagi ni gi lari lagi. Macam biasa...bila choti, akan gi lari. Ntah...rasa puas semacam bila dapat lari ni. 
I started running in 1989. But had to stop after conceiving my first child. I began to run again in 2009. 

Punca asal lari ni sebenarnya untuk kurus ( I was quite 'heavy' in 1988 - 1989...tengok muka sendiri pun macam tak suka...sebab tembam semacam). But now, at this age, I run for health purposes. Yup...it's true that ajal maut di tangan Tuhan...kalau nak sakit, sakit jugak. Tapi itu lah yang dinamakan usaha. Lepas usaha, kita doa...dan serahkan segalanya padaNya. 

I ran 8034 steps this morning....This is about 5.8 kilometres. About 2000 more steps to reach 10,000 steps.... a rate where you are considered to live an active lifestyle (Google ...there are many articles on this). An 'active' lifestyle reduces the risk of  heart disease, diabetes and other cardiovascular-related illnesses, according to an article I read.. Petang nnt...cecah lah angka 10,000 tu ...selalunya lebih. So, it is not difficult to reach the goal of walking 10,000 steps a day actually.

 You can read more on the benefits of walking 10,000 steps a day here:  www.medibank.com.au/.../why-you-should-walk-10000-steps-a-day/     
   

No comments:

Post a Comment